Parties raising slogans of secularism anti-minorities: Paswan
Hajipur: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday hit out at parties raising slogans of secularism and expressed concern over growing differences between Hindus and Muslims due to vote bank politics.
"All those who are raising slogans of secularism are not working in favour of minorities," he said without naming any party.
Paswan said differences between Hindus and Muslims have increased and this has happened because of vote bank politics.
He said BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has given people, especially the young generation, a confidence.
"People were losing faith in politics especially those in the age group of 26-30 years. They now have a ray of hope and feel that he (Modi) should be given a chance (as PM)," said the chief of LJP, which has sealed a seat sharing pact with BJP in Bihar.
Paswan is contesting from Bihar`s Hajipur constituency, which has a sizeable population of minorities. Polling in seven constituencies of Bihar, including Hajipur, is underway.
His contest is against sitting MP Ram Sundar Das, who is contesting as Janata Dal (United) candidate.
Ramvilas Paswan`s son Chirag said that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi are "no factor" for people of Bihar.
"We are confident of victory. There is a wave of Narendra Modi. Nitish and Rahul are no factors in the election," Chirag said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state