Pawar frustrated as his PM dream not coming true: Munde
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Saturday said NCP chief Sharad Pawar has been harbouring ambition to become prime minister since long and is now venting his "frustration" by attacking Narendra Modi.
"Since last several years, I have been hearing that he (Pawar) is going to become prime minister by cobbling together small parties. Now, he is expressing his frustration by criticising Modi," Munde said addressing a press conference.
Pawar has been attacking BJP`s PM candidate as poll campaign is hotting up. He had recently said that Modi appears to be in a hurry to grab the PM`s post and power.
Munde criticised the NCP chief over his "double voting" remarks and said they did not augur well for democracy.
"The statement by a heavyweight leader like Pawar to encourage and appeal electorates to vote twice is not good for democracy," the deputy leader of opposition in Lok Sabha said.
Meanwhile, two former NCP MLAs, namely Bhimrao Dhonde and Sahebrao Darekar who belonged to Ashti tehsil in Munde`s Lok Sabha constituency Beed, formally joined BJP in his presence.
Munde is taking on NCP minister Suresh Dhas from Beed seat.
"Fifty per cent of NCP workers are unhappy over Dhas` nomination. He did not do any developmental work there," Munde said.
Darekar also took a dig at NCP saying it has become a party of "wealthy people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi