Peaceful re-poll on in 11 West Bengal booths
Kolkata: Re-polling was going on peacefully Tuesday at 11 booths spread across six of the nine Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal that went to the hustings April 30.
"Peaceful repolling is on in 11 booths under Arambagh, Hooghly, Burdwan, Burdwan-Durgapur, Birbhum and Bolpur Lok Sabha constituencies," said an Election Commission (EC) official.
The EC ordered the repoll following scrutiny of reports after the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M)-led Left Front, the BJP and the Congress alleged massive rigging and booth capturing by the ruling Trinamool Congress activists during the third phase of election and sought repolling in a large number of booths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB