Peaceful re-poll on in 11 West Bengal booths
Kolkata: Re-polling was going on peacefully Tuesday at 11 booths spread across six of the nine Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal that went to the hustings April 30.
"Peaceful repolling is on in 11 booths under Arambagh, Hooghly, Burdwan, Burdwan-Durgapur, Birbhum and Bolpur Lok Sabha constituencies," said an Election Commission (EC) official.
The EC ordered the repoll following scrutiny of reports after the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M)-led Left Front, the BJP and the Congress alleged massive rigging and booth capturing by the ruling Trinamool Congress activists during the third phase of election and sought repolling in a large number of booths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them