People are my teachers, I am learning from them: Rahul Gandhi
Udharbond: The country`s struggling common people are his teachers and he is learning from them, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said.
"Leaders learn from people... You are my teacher and I learn from you," Rahul Gandhi said while addressing an election rally here today.
"I respect and honour you... You have sacrificed so much for the country. We can never forget you... Your struggles are my struggle and we will solve it together," he stated.
"Leaders must get rid of their ego and go to the public. We must listen to them and learn from them. This gives me power... You give me strength," he added.
Leaders have nothing of their own but only the relationship that they have with the public and it is their moral duty to strengthen this relationship, Rahul reiterated.
The Congress leader, meanwhile, promised to complete the East-West corridor and the Railway Gauge Conversion Project in the Assam`s Barak Valley if his party forms the government at the Centre.
"If Congress forms the government at the Centre, I promise that we will connect the Barak Valley with mainstream India and these two projects are steps in that direction," Gandhi said.
"Rahul Gandhi wants to know your problems. Today I have limited time and have to go for another campaign at Raipur in Chhatisgarh but I promise you that after the elections are over, I will come back to Barak Valley and take stock of all your problems," he said.
The East-West corridor, connecting Silchar in the East with Saurashtra in the West, which is also called Mahasadak Yojana will "benefit you and bring development to the Valley", he said.
Gandhi was here to campaign for two Congress candidates of the Barak Valley ? Sushmita Dev of Silchar and Lalit Mohan Suklabaidya of Karimganj (SC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price