Personal is not political: Amar Singh
Jhunjhunu: Taking exception of abuzz about personal life of political leaders, former SP leader Amar Singh on Friday said that personal life events of anyone, including politicians, should not be the part of public debate.
Referring to Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s relationship with a TV journalist, he questioned that "what was wrong in the relation and why it was being debated that how a 68-year-old man got the affection over a 40-year-old woman.
He told reporters that "personal life like marriage of Narendra Modi and relation of Divijay Singh were being debated at public platform which was unfair".
Singh also rejected that there was any "Modi Wave" in the country.
"Instead, it is Modi management and there is a difference between the two -- management and wave," he told reporters.
He commented that "Modi has oration skills like Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Hindu fanaticism like L K Advani and art to collect or obtain money like Pramod Mahajan but he lacks allure like Vajyapee, commitment like Advani and coordination like Mahajan."
Singh is contesting the Lok Sabha elections from Fatehpur Sikri (UP) as a Rashtriya Lok Dal candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class