Petrol bomb hurled at govt school in poll-bound Baramulla
Srinagar: A petrol bomb was on Tuesday hurled by unidentified persons at a government school, where a polling station has been set up in Rafiabad area of Baramulla Lok Sabh constituency of Kashmir for tomorrow`s polls.
"A petrol bomb was hurled at the Government Girls School at Watergam in Rafiabad area of Baramulla district, causing some damage to the building," a police spokesman said.
He said there were no casualties reported in the incident that took place in the early hours of the day.
A polling station is located some distance away from where the petrol bomb landed, he said.
Polling for Baramulla Lok Sabha constituency is scheduled to take place tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore