Petrol bomb hurled at govt school in poll-bound Baramulla
Srinagar: A petrol bomb was on Tuesday hurled by unidentified persons at a government school, where a polling station has been set up in Rafiabad area of Baramulla Lok Sabh constituency of Kashmir for tomorrow`s polls.
"A petrol bomb was hurled at the Government Girls School at Watergam in Rafiabad area of Baramulla district, causing some damage to the building," a police spokesman said.
He said there were no casualties reported in the incident that took place in the early hours of the day.
A polling station is located some distance away from where the petrol bomb landed, he said.
Polling for Baramulla Lok Sabha constituency is scheduled to take place tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader