Political parties gear up electioneering in Arunachal
Itanagar: The political parties have geared up election campaign in Arunachal Pradesh which goes to poll for two Lok Sabha seats and 60-member Assembly on April 9. The electioneering has become a low-key affair as most of the political parties including the Congress, BJP, NCP and first timer the Naga Peoples` Front (NPF) are sticking to only house to house campaigning instead of public meeting till now.
The canvassing is going on under the watchful eyes of the General Observers and the Expenditure Observers appointed by the Election Commission.
While Congress Vice-president Rahul Gandhi has began the party`s poll campaign at Ziro in Lower Subansiri district on March 18 last, BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is coming to the state on Monday for the second time.
The NPF, a new entrant in the electoral history of the state, is banking on Nagaland Chief Minister Nephiu Rio as its star campaigner who is scheduled to address election rallies in troubled Tirap and Longding districts of the state.
The NCP is planning to bring a few national leaders including its supremo Sharad Pawar to the state to campaign for the party. Congress has already won 11 assembly seats unopposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui