Political parties gear up electioneering in Arunachal
Itanagar: The political parties have geared up election campaign in Arunachal Pradesh which goes to poll for two Lok Sabha seats and 60-member Assembly on April 9. The electioneering has become a low-key affair as most of the political parties including the Congress, BJP, NCP and first timer the Naga Peoples` Front (NPF) are sticking to only house to house campaigning instead of public meeting till now.
The canvassing is going on under the watchful eyes of the General Observers and the Expenditure Observers appointed by the Election Commission.
While Congress Vice-president Rahul Gandhi has began the party`s poll campaign at Ziro in Lower Subansiri district on March 18 last, BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is coming to the state on Monday for the second time.
The NPF, a new entrant in the electoral history of the state, is banking on Nagaland Chief Minister Nephiu Rio as its star campaigner who is scheduled to address election rallies in troubled Tirap and Longding districts of the state.
The NCP is planning to bring a few national leaders including its supremo Sharad Pawar to the state to campaign for the party. Congress has already won 11 assembly seats unopposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu