Poll official found dead in Bihar
Bhojpur: A polling official was found dead on Wednesday on the banks of the Sone river near Sandesh Bazar in Bhojpur district.
The body of Ramakant Singh, an employee of tubewell department at Ara, was recovered from the river bank this morning.
Some black powder, suspected to be poison, was found near the body, Superintendent of Police Kim said.
Singh was a native of Koshihar village in Bhojpur district and due to retire from service in two months, Kim said.
Police is investigating the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know