Poll official uses CCTV camera to get data card recharged
Anantnag: The installation of CCTV camera at polling stations came in handy for an election official here who used it to get his data card recharged by flashing a hand-written message.
The unidentified official, posted at Sransoo Shampora-B polling station in Devsar area of Anantnag district, held out the message in front of the CCTV camera installed by the Election Commission to provide a live webcast of the voting.
The message read out that his data card connection was about to be terminated and needed an immediate recharge.
It is the first time that cameras have been installed at the polling booths.
The screenshot of the live footage was uploaded on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook and attracted several `Likes` and `Comments`.
"Live from Devsar polling booth. You are awesome man whole world has seen you..." Facebook user `Kaeshir Joke` wrote.
Another user, Shahnawaz Sayeed, wrote "Given a chance, I would like to propose (to a girl) this way".
Anantnag Lok Sabha constituency spread over four districts of Anantnag, Kulgam, Pulwama and Shopian witnessed around 25 per cent polling till 5 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'