Poll official uses CCTV camera to get data card recharged
Anantnag: The installation of CCTV camera at polling stations came in handy for an election official here who used it to get his data card recharged by flashing a hand-written message.
The unidentified official, posted at Sransoo Shampora-B polling station in Devsar area of Anantnag district, held out the message in front of the CCTV camera installed by the Election Commission to provide a live webcast of the voting.
The message read out that his data card connection was about to be terminated and needed an immediate recharge.
It is the first time that cameras have been installed at the polling booths.
The screenshot of the live footage was uploaded on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook and attracted several `Likes` and `Comments`.
"Live from Devsar polling booth. You are awesome man whole world has seen you..." Facebook user `Kaeshir Joke` wrote.
Another user, Shahnawaz Sayeed, wrote "Given a chance, I would like to propose (to a girl) this way".
Anantnag Lok Sabha constituency spread over four districts of Anantnag, Kulgam, Pulwama and Shopian witnessed around 25 per cent polling till 5 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family