Poll official uses CCTV camera to get data card recharged
Anantnag: The installation of CCTV camera at polling stations came in handy for an election official here who used it to get his data card recharged by flashing a hand-written message.
The unidentified official, posted at Sransoo Shampora-B polling station in Devsar area of Anantnag district, held out the message in front of the CCTV camera installed by the Election Commission to provide a live webcast of the voting.
The message read out that his data card connection was about to be terminated and needed an immediate recharge.
It is the first time that cameras have been installed at the polling booths.
The screenshot of the live footage was uploaded on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook and attracted several `Likes` and `Comments`.
"Live from Devsar polling booth. You are awesome man whole world has seen you..." Facebook user `Kaeshir Joke` wrote.
Another user, Shahnawaz Sayeed, wrote "Given a chance, I would like to propose (to a girl) this way".
Anantnag Lok Sabha constituency spread over four districts of Anantnag, Kulgam, Pulwama and Shopian witnessed around 25 per cent polling till 5 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam