Poll violence in Bengal claims two lives, 371 injured
Kolkata: Poll violence has so far claimed two lives in West Bengal and left 371 persons injured in 398 incidents, the Election Commission said on Monday.
While one person had lost his life in Nadia district late last month, another died at Jalangi in Murshidabad district recently, Assistant CEO in West Bengal Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said here.
He said in a state-wide drive against illegal arms and ammunition ahead of the Lok Sabha elections, 1,036 illegal arms and weapons and 2,740 cartridges were seized.
Bhattacharya said the list of seizures also included 202.9 kg of explosive material and 5,312 bombs. Four arms manufacturing units have also been sealed.
So far 48,104 non-bailable warrants have been executed with 25,052 NBW cases pending, he said adding the Excise department has so far seized 2.89 lakh litres of illicit liquor valued at Rs 2.31 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands