Poster war between Madhusudan Mistry and BJP continues
Vadodara: The poster war between Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry and the BJP refuses to die down as the saffron party has now demanded that the expenses of the exhibits carrying photos of Rahul Gandhi with him should be included in his personal expenditure.
"These huge posters were on display in various parts of the city on Saturday last when Mistry filed his nomination papers before the Vadodara district returning officer. So, the expenses on posters should be included in personal expenditure of Mistry," Gujarat energy minister and BJP in-charge of Vadodara Lok Sabha Saurabh Patel said today.
Rahul`s confidante Madhusudan Mistry, contesting against Narendra Modi, was arrested with his supporters for rioting after they tore down posters of the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate. They were later released by a magistrate on personal bonds of Rs 5,000 each.
The poster war between Mistry and the BJP broke out after the ruling party in the state booked all advertisement kiosks in the city installed by the Vadodara Municipal Corporation where they put up Modi`s posters.
Mistry has been demanding a fare share of the kiosks from the district authorities and VMC for displaying his exhibits.
The contract to install big posters of the Congress party has been allotted to a private agency by the All India Congress Committee, sources said.
A team of the agency yesterday covered the face of Mistry with white papers in these posters to avoid big expenses, they said.
Congress is planning to install new posters of Mistry at several locations in the city, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand