Poster war between Madhusudan Mistry and BJP continues
Vadodara: The poster war between Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry and the BJP refuses to die down as the saffron party has now demanded that the expenses of the exhibits carrying photos of Rahul Gandhi with him should be included in his personal expenditure.
"These huge posters were on display in various parts of the city on Saturday last when Mistry filed his nomination papers before the Vadodara district returning officer. So, the expenses on posters should be included in personal expenditure of Mistry," Gujarat energy minister and BJP in-charge of Vadodara Lok Sabha Saurabh Patel said today.
Rahul`s confidante Madhusudan Mistry, contesting against Narendra Modi, was arrested with his supporters for rioting after they tore down posters of the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate. They were later released by a magistrate on personal bonds of Rs 5,000 each.
The poster war between Mistry and the BJP broke out after the ruling party in the state booked all advertisement kiosks in the city installed by the Vadodara Municipal Corporation where they put up Modi`s posters.
Mistry has been demanding a fare share of the kiosks from the district authorities and VMC for displaying his exhibits.
The contract to install big posters of the Congress party has been allotted to a private agency by the All India Congress Committee, sources said.
A team of the agency yesterday covered the face of Mistry with white papers in these posters to avoid big expenses, they said.
Congress is planning to install new posters of Mistry at several locations in the city, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?