President signs order dissolving 15th Lok Sabha
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Sunday signed an order dissolving the 15th Lok Sabha.
In a statement, the Rashtrapati Bhavan said the president signed it a day after the outgoing cabinet made the recommendation.
"The president accepted the advice of the cabinet and today signed the order dissolving the 15th Lok Sabha in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by sub-clause (b) of clause (2) article 85 of the constitution," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back