President signs order dissolving 15th Lok Sabha
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Sunday signed an order dissolving the 15th Lok Sabha.
In a statement, the Rashtrapati Bhavan said the president signed it a day after the outgoing cabinet made the recommendation.
"The president accepted the advice of the cabinet and today signed the order dissolving the 15th Lok Sabha in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by sub-clause (b) of clause (2) article 85 of the constitution," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days
- Jason Day joined by Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson to start PGA Championship
- Curfew, separatist shutdown enters 15th day in Kashmir