Priyanka Vadra takes on cousin Varun Gandhi, says he `betrayed` family
Amethi: Priyanka Gandhi on Tuesday fired yet another salvo at her cousin Varun Gandhi, saying the Lok Sabha elections is "an ideological war and not a family tea party".
Even as Varun hit back at her for her remarks that he has gone "astray" and should be shown the right path, Priyanka said she would not have forgiven her child if he had did something like this.
She was apparently referring to Varun contesting on a BJP ticket in the elections.
"This is not a family tea party. It is an ideological war. Would not have forgiven my child, if he did something like this," she told reporters on a day Varun filed papers as BJP candidate from Sultanpur adjacent to Amethi Parliamentary seat represented by Rahul Gandhi.
Priyanka said she was "not upset" over the leak of the video in which she had spoken about Varun and maintained that those were her views.
She said she did not speak to Varun after her remarks were leaked.
Varun today hit back at Priyanka, suggesting that she crossed the "lakshman rekha of decency" with her remarks that he has gone "astray" and stressed that his "decency and large-heartedness" should not be construed as a weakness by anyone.
Asked about the BJP attack on Congress president Sonia Gandhi for her appeal to people, Priyanka said, "That`s because they don`t like what she says and it is very clear, what the election is, as it is the fight for the heart of India and they don`t like to hear that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000