Priyanka`s comment about Smriti shows arrogance: Jaitley
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley Monday said Priyanka Gandhi Vadra`s comment about Smriti Irani in Amethi showed her "arrogance at its worst".
"Mrs. Vadra`s statement yesterday (Sunday) on Smriti Irani, denying her existence by asking a question `who`, displays arrogance at its worst," Jaitley said in his blog.
Asked about Irani`s prospects in the election against Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, Priyanka had last week asked who was Smriti Irani.
Jaitley recalled that in the 1967 Lok Sabha election, George Fernandes was pitted against then strongman in Mumbai politics SK Patil and had managed to defeat him.
"Mrs. Vadra`s query on Smriti Irani questioning her existence reminds me of the Patil-George confrontation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss