Pro-Modi slogans at Nitish`s election rally
Gaya: Pro-Narendra Modi slogans were shouted by youth at a rally here by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, a day after stones and chappals were thrown at his rallies in Nalanda district.
The youths broke into slogans for the BJP prime ministerial candidate at Kumar`s rally at Wazirganj, about 50 km from the town.
Policemen were seen chasing away the slogan-shouting youth.
Kumar was again greeted with the same chants when he was returning after addressing the rally.
Undeterred by the slogan-shouting, Kumar, the star campaigner for his party JD(U), ridiculed BJP for propagating the Gujarat model of development across the country.
"They are claiming of bringing heaven on earth... But is there a swarag at the place from where this model of development came (Gujarat)?" he asked.
Some big investments, he said, had gone to Gujarat with industries being set up and asked whether it created employment.
"We need to have industries which can generate employment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh arrives in violence-hit Kashmir, holds meeting with civil society members
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik