Probe ordered into poll official death in Arunachal
Itanagar: The East Siang district administration has ordered a magisterial enquiry into the cause of the death of a polling official whose body was recovered on Thursday from a deep gorge near Siine village.
A team of medical experts has been constituted to carry out postmortem of the body today to ascertain the cause of the death, official sources informed.
East Sing police chief informed that investigation was on and viscera sample would be sent for forensic investigations.
Mathew Dabi, an assistant teacher reportedly went missing on April 9 last while attending polling duty at Sine village, under Boleng subdivision.
His body was recovered on April 17 last from a steep gorge inside a deep forest, two kilometers away from the village.
Meanwhile, the Adi Baane Kebang demanded the state government to unearth the cause of the death immediately and punish the culprits.
In a petition to the deputy commissioner, the ABK urged to immediately set up a committee to look into the circumstances which led to the loss of a human life in order to ensure a free and fair trial besides booking the culprit at the earliest.
The Galo Students Union (GSU) has also condemned police for delay in the search operation of the polling official who went missing on the day of polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof