Prohibitory orders clamped after clash
Itangar: Supporters of NCP and Congress clashed at Yazali in Lower Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh, prompting authorities to clamp prohibitory orders in the area.
Additional forces have been deployed after the clash that left several persons injured in the area yesterday, police sources said.
Meanwhile, the district electoral officer this morning convened a meeting of the election agents of different political parties to maintain peace.
The state goes to simultaneous polls tomorrow for two Lok Sabha constituencies and 49 state Assembly seats. Congress has already won 11 Assembly seats unopposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning