Prohibitory orders clamped after clash
Itangar: Supporters of NCP and Congress clashed at Yazali in Lower Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh, prompting authorities to clamp prohibitory orders in the area.
Additional forces have been deployed after the clash that left several persons injured in the area yesterday, police sources said.
Meanwhile, the district electoral officer this morning convened a meeting of the election agents of different political parties to maintain peace.
The state goes to simultaneous polls tomorrow for two Lok Sabha constituencies and 49 state Assembly seats. Congress has already won 11 Assembly seats unopposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31