Punjab poll panel receives 851 code violation complaints
Moga: At least 851 complaints pertaining to violation of Model Code of Conduct were received in Punjab in the run up to the Lok Sabha polls in the state.
Punjab Deputy Electoral Officer Amit Talwar today said most of these complaints have been resolved and only 61 remains pending.
Elections to 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab were held on April 30.
The Election Commission`s flying squads and state police also seized Rs 27,42,74,625 during the period of enforcement of poll code from March 5 to April 30, he said.
During this period, they also seized 17606.924 Kg of poppy husk, 97.202 Kg of opium, 1,55,754 Grams of Heroin, 2544 Grams of Smack and 43506 Kg of drug powder, he said.
Various flying squads and police also seized about 2,78,453 liters of illicit liquor, 6,40,439 liters of country liquor.
Police also seized 65 vehicles during the period, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj