Rabri declares assets of over Rs 6 cr including 65 cattle, gun
Patna: Forty-five cows, 20 calves and a double barrel gun with 50 cartridges are among the possessions of former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi who is contesting the Lok Sabha polls as a Rashtriya Janata Dal candidate from Saran constituency.
According to the affidavit she submitted along with her nomination papers for the general elections, she is a crorepati with total movable and immovable assets of Rs 6.5 crore including cattle worth Rs 19 lakh.
However, her cattle wealth has significantly decreased over the last two years. She had 65 cows and 37 calves when she filed nomination papers to contest the Bihar Legislative Council elections in April, 2012. Her total assets were worth Rs 3.65 crore at that time.
The 61-year-old wife of RJD chief Lalu Prasad has declared herself to be non-matriculate. In the affidavit she has shown her occupation as business and social work and earns more than her husband.
Her annual income was Rs 17.15 lakh as per her Income Tax returns for 2012-13. In comparison, Prasad`s annual income was Rs 9 lakh. When it comes to overall assets, Prasad is worth Rs 93 lakh only.
Devi, currently an MLC, owns 467 grams of gold jewellery worth Rs 14 lakh while Prasad has just 50 grams of gold jewellery and a few precious stones.
She owns shares worth Rs 1.93 crore, while Prasad has no such investments in his kitty.
However, Lalu scores over wife in vehicles and guns. Rabri has no vehicles to her credit, while Prasad owns a military disposed of jeep bought in 1977 and a Maruti 800 bought in 1990-91. He also has a Germany made pistol and a .315 bore rifle along with 50 bullets each for the two firearms.
Rabri, who was the Chief Minister of Bihar from 1997 to 2004-05, faces four cases where charges have been framed by the court for offences punishable with imprisonment for two years or more.
She has been fielded from Saran as Prasad, who won the seat in 2009 Lok Sabh polls, has been barred from contesting elections after being convicted in a Fodder Scam case and punished with a five-year prison term. He is currently out on bail.
Her main contest will be with BJP candidate Rajiv Pratap Rudy whom Prasad trounced by 52,000 votes in the last parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city