Rabri, Meira trail; Shatrughan, Misa Bharti ahead in Bihar
Patna: BJP is leading in 18 seats, Lalu Prasad`s RJD is ahead in six constituencies while Congress is in front in one seat out of 40 in Bihar with Speaker Meira Kumar trailing in Sasaram, trends suggested on Friday.
LJP and JD(U) are leading in six seats and four seats respectively while Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP), an ally of BJP, is ahead in 3 seat.
Congress is ahead in one seat while UPA ally NCP is leading in Katihar, according to trends available at 10:00 AM.
In Sasaram (SC) seat, Cheedi Paswan of BJP is leading over Speaker Meira Kumar by 17,279 votes after five rounds of counting.
In Patna Sahib, BJP nominee Shatrughan Sinha is leading over nearest Congress rival and Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh by 11,577 votes.
In Ara, former Union Home Secretary and BJP candidate R K Singh is leading by 9121 votes over nearest RJD rival Bhagan Singh Kushwaha.
In the high-profile Saran seat, Lalu Prasad`s wife Rabri Devi is trailing Rajiv Pratap Rudy of BJP by 1349 votes.
In Bhagalpur, Shailesh Kumar alias Bullo Mandal is ahead of his nearest BJP rival Shahnawaz Hussain by 5882 votes.
In Hajipur, LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan is leading over his nearest Congress rival Sanjeev Prasad Tony by 3756 votes.
JD(U)`s Ramsundar Das is way behind at third position with 1,707 votes in comparison to Paswan`s 8114 votes.
In Madhepura, JD(U) President Sharad Yadav is ahead of nearest BJP competitor Vijay Singh by 1853 votes. Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav is at third position.
In Patliputra, Lalu Prasad daughter Misa Bharti is leading over `uncle` Ramkripal Yadav of BJP by 5689 votes. In Vaishali, LJP candidate Rama Singh is leading over former Union minister Raghubansh Prasad Singh by 3170 votes.
In minority-dominated Kisanganj, Congress Maulana Asrarul Haque is ahead of his BJP rival Dilip Jaiswal by 16265 votes.
In Darbhanga, RJD`S M A A Fatmi is ahead of his BJP rival Kirti Azad by 3148 votes.
In Jamui (SC) seat, Ramvilas Paswan`s son Chirag Paswan is ahead of his nearest RJD rival Sudhansu Sekhar Bhaskar.
In Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s Nalanda constituency, JD(U)`s Kaushlendra Kumar is leading Satyanand Sharma of LJP by a slander margin of 110 votes.
Buxar is throwing a surprise with BSP`s Dadan Singh ahead of his nearest BJP rival Ashwani Choubey by 1643 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters