Rahul Gandhi childish, talks of balloons and toffees: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday hit back at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over his “toffee” remark, calling the latter “childish”.
Addressing a rally here, Modi said, “In the BJP, we have a galaxy of senior and able leaders, while on the other side there is a childish leader who talks of balloons and toffees.”
Rahul had yesterday dubbed the Gujarat model of development propagated by Modi as a "toffee model", saying it had benefited only one industrialist in the state.
"Land of Aurangabad`s size...45,000 acres...has been given for a mere Rs 300 crore. This is toffee model not Gujarat model. For Re 1, you get a toffee here. There land was sold at Re 1 per metre...it was the land of the poor and the farmers," Gandhi had said.
Rubbing into the Congress further, Modi expressed pity that he had used harsh words against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. Two recent books have claimed that the PM had little authority over his government and that he had surrendered decision-making to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
“Sometimes I think I should not have used harsh words for our PM. After all, the main fault lies with the family of Congress,” Modi said.
“The PM`s daughter said that Sanjaya Baru turned out to be a traitor... this means that what he said was true,” he added.
Mocking the Congress party, the Gujarat Chief Minister said, “After elections, you would need a high resolution camera to see Congress representatives in Parliament.”
He also hit out at the Central government, reminding the supporters that, “Dilli mein hospital mein padi sarkaar nahi chahiye, ek mazboot sarkaar chahiye.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site