Rahul Gandhi fittest to lead the country: Omar
Jammu: Calling Rahul Gandhi a "great friend" of Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said he was the fittest to lead the country and it would be "most unfortunate" if Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister.
"In Rahul Gandhi, Jammu and Kashmir has found its great friend who is always at beck and call of the state and renders full support to it to overcome difficulties and march towards prosperity," Omar said at a public rally in the border town of Mendhar in Poonch district today.
Drawing parallels between BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi, Omar said, "Modi`s dictatorial behaviour and venomous approach towards Muslims and other communities makes him unfit to lead a country of pluralistic ethos."
On the other hand, he said Rahul has a "clean and transparent image" and he represents all sections of society making him the fittest person to lead India.
He said the country has to make a choice between a "dictator with communal ideology" and a "secular democratic young person".
He asked people to vote in favour of National Conference and Congress candidates and said every vote cast in favour of the alliance would strengthen secular democratic forces and thwart the attempts of communal forces to be at the helm.
He said it would be "most unfortunate" for India if Modi was at the seat of power.
Omar said Modi who did not apologise for Gujarat riots and denied to wear of a cap presented to him by Muslims does not qualify to be the Prime Minister.
The Chief Minister accused BJP of hatching a conspiracy to polarise the atmosphere in the country to grab power and destabilise harmony and brotherhood.
He said PDP is an active partner of BJP in J&K and has fielded its candidates to help Modi and his party tactically.
He said BJP and PDP are two faces of the same coin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui