Rahul Gandhi objects to lotus drawing in Amethi polling booth
Amethi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday objected to a lotus sketch on a blackboard in a polling centre in the constituency and said he would draw the attention of the Election Commission towards it.
Gandhi, who for the first time visited his constituency on polling day ever since he has represented the seat since 2004, took a round of booths in the area.
While visiting one such polling station in Phulwa village in Tiloi, the Congress Amethi candidate observed a lotus drawn on the blackboard and said he would complain to the EC against it.
However, Tiloi SDM AK Singh said they are yet to receive any complaint on the matter.
The Commission had directed the authorities to cover all the election symbols which could be displayed for various reasons in schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!