Rahul Gandhi takes on Narendra Modi on home turf, says Congress believes in "We" not "I"
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Ahmedabad: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi slammed Bharatiya Janata party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s model of development in Gujarat saying that millions of youth are unemployed in the western state.
Addressing rallies in Modi`s turf, the Gandhi scion hit out at the Gujarat Chief Minister over his alleged links with Adani group.
In an apparent refence to Adani group, Rahul said that Congress has spent Rs 30,000 crore in MNREGA, but Modiji has given Rs 40,000 crore to one single person.
The Congress vice president also took potshots at the massive amount of money being spent by the BJP on advertisements.
"At a time when 6000 farmers have commited suicide in the state, the Gujarat CM goes around the country and says that Gujarat farmers are getting proseprous day by day," Rahul said.
Taking on Modi, he maintained that the new partnership is between Modi and Adani, others are being sidelined.
"Modi has sidelined everybody including, LK Advani, Jaswant Singh,Yashwant Sinha, Sushma Swaraj," the Congress vice president asserted.
In an attempt to corner the BJP strongman over his RSS links, Rahul said that Sardar Patel, whom Modi always speaks about was against the sangh.
Modi ji always says, " I have done this, I have done that " but Congress party believes in "We" not "I", Rahul exhorted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards