Rahul Gandhi to campaign for Congress candidates in Bihar
Patna: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi will campaign for the party candidates in Bihar during the third phase of general elections, a party leader said on Friday.
Gandhi will visit Bihar to campaign for the Congress candidates from Kishanganj, Purnia and Supaul parliamentary seats going to polls in the third phase on April 24, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee Vice-President Prem Chandra Mishra told reporters.
The Congress Vice-President`s itinerary in Bihar will be finalised in a couple of days, he said.
Gandhi visited Bihar on April 1 and campaigned for Nikhil Kumar, the Congress candidate from Aurangabad parliamentary seat.
Mishra, however, maintained silence when asked whether Rahul Gandhi would share dias with RJD supremo Lalu Prasad during his forthcoming visit to Bihar for electioneering.
The BPCC Vice-President hit out at BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi for refusal to commit himself on providing special status to Bihar, saying it reflected the "anti-Bihari mindset" of Modi.
He has offered to give special package to Bihar if the NDA government came to power, which the Congress has been doing for all these years of UPA rule, Mishra said and questioned the BJP leader`s right to seek votes from the people of Bihar.
Meanwhile, in a boost to the Bihar Congress, Trinamool Congress Party`s state unit president Sanjeev Kumar Singh and his supporters joined the party at a function at Sadaqat Ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security