Rahul Gandhi to campaign in Tamil Nadu on April 21
Ramanathapuram: In his first electioneering tour of Tamil Nadu going to the polls on April 24, Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi will address an election rally in Ramanathapuram on April 21.
"Rahul Gandhi will be campaigning for the Ramanathapuram constituency candidate Tirunavukarasar," TNCC president B S Gnanadesikan told reporters here.
Warning BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, against "spreading canards" like wrist watches with photos of the Finance Minister were being distributed in Sivaganga constituency, Gnanadesikan said "we may have to file a case against him if he did not stop with this."
Addressing an election rally in Ramanathapuram, bordering Chidambaram`s native Sivaganga district, yesterday, Modi demanded a probe by the Election Commission, alleging that wrist watches with photos of the Finance Minister were being distributed to voters.
Hitting out at ruling AIADMK and the DMK, the TNCC chief said both parties were now criticising the BJP because they were now sure that it would not come to power. But both parties had alliance with BJP earlier.
The two parties would change their present anti-BJP stand after the polls,if BJP got the majority, he alleged.
Only Congress would protect the minorities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter