Rahul ignorant about Gujarat: Modi
Kheralu (Guj): Dubbing Rahul Gandhi as a "specimen", Narendra Modi on Monday lampooned the Congress Vice President for his "little knowledge" on Gujarat and the facts laid out in his speeches about vast job vacancies and the institution of the Lokayukta in the state.
Modi also alleged that the Congress has so far sent 100 emissaries to his home town of Vadnagar to find out if he ever used to sell tea or not.
"If you want to relieve stress, listen to Rahul`s speeches. As per his mathematics, there are 27,000 crore jobs lying vacant in Gujarat. How can this be possible when the total population of Gujarat is 6 crores? What kind of namuna (specimen) has the Congress brought ?" asked Modi during his rally in Kheralu town under Patan Lok Sabha constituency.
Modi said Rahul was "ignorant" about Gujarat.
"Rahul recently claimed in his speech that Gujarat doesn`t have Lokayukta. But he should be knowing that Gujarat does have Lokayukta and its first report has been tabled in the Assembly.
Rahulbhai, if you don`t have that much knowledge, what would happen to India?" Modi said.
He also accused Congress president Sonia Gandhi of heaping injustice on Gujarat over the issue of Narmada dam for "political gains".
"Sonia claimed that people of Gujarat are deprived of drinking water. I want to tell you that during Congress regime, water was sent to Saurashtra region through trains. Now, we have laid huge pipelines for that," Modi said during his final lap of canvassing in the state.
Without naming Sonia`s political advisor Ahmed Patel, Modi claimed that `malicious` advice is being given to her.
"(The) Government of `mother-son duo` and their political advisor ruined this country. Why you didn`t give permission to build gates on Narmada dam?. It could have given 4 times more water to Gujarat. But, their advisor warned them that if gates are installed, then Congress will lose their ground in Gujarat for next 50 years" alleged Modi.
He also accused Congress of constantly trying to dig out something controversial to nail him.
"Congress sent at least 100 persons to Vadnagar(Modi`s native) to check whether I ever sold tea or not. I can only say that when Shakersinh Vaghela, who is of my father`s age, used to come to my place in those days, he always wanted me to make tea for him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details