Raj records 63.63 voter turnout in first phase
Jaipur: The first phase of Lok Sabha polls in 20 of the 25 constituencies of Rajasthan yesterday recorded an average voter turnout of 63.63 per cent, 15 per cent higher than the general elections in 2009.
Of the over 3.48 crore voters, over 2.21 crore people including 1.03 crore women exercised their franchise to elect 20 MPs out of the 239 contestants in the fray, a final report of the CEO stated today.
A total of 189 blind people used braille signeage while 5,634 others cast their vote with companions. There were 525 tendered ballot papers, it said.
The highest voting percentage was recorded in Ganganangar (SC) constituency at 72.85 per cent, while the lowest was recorded in Pali at 57.47 per cent.
Barmer recorded 72.43 per cent, Banswara (ST) 68.82, Jhalawar-Barana 68.66, Ajmer 68.55, Jaipur 66.08, Kota 65.96, Churu 64.48, Chittorgarh 64.30, Udaipur (ST) 63.36, Bhilwara 62.84, Jodhpur 62.22, Sikar 60.23, Jhunjhunu 60.00, Jalore 59.63, Nagaur 59.58, Jaipur-rural 59.47, Bikaner 58.35 and Rajsamand 57.59.
In the last 2009 LS polls, the 20 seats recorded an average of 48.09 per cent voting.
Before this, the highest voter turnout in Rajasthan was recorded in 1989 (58.79 per cent), the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in