Raj records 63.63 voter turnout in first phase
Jaipur: The first phase of Lok Sabha polls in 20 of the 25 constituencies of Rajasthan yesterday recorded an average voter turnout of 63.63 per cent, 15 per cent higher than the general elections in 2009.
Of the over 3.48 crore voters, over 2.21 crore people including 1.03 crore women exercised their franchise to elect 20 MPs out of the 239 contestants in the fray, a final report of the CEO stated today.
A total of 189 blind people used braille signeage while 5,634 others cast their vote with companions. There were 525 tendered ballot papers, it said.
The highest voting percentage was recorded in Ganganangar (SC) constituency at 72.85 per cent, while the lowest was recorded in Pali at 57.47 per cent.
Barmer recorded 72.43 per cent, Banswara (ST) 68.82, Jhalawar-Barana 68.66, Ajmer 68.55, Jaipur 66.08, Kota 65.96, Churu 64.48, Chittorgarh 64.30, Udaipur (ST) 63.36, Bhilwara 62.84, Jodhpur 62.22, Sikar 60.23, Jhunjhunu 60.00, Jalore 59.63, Nagaur 59.58, Jaipur-rural 59.47, Bikaner 58.35 and Rajsamand 57.59.
In the last 2009 LS polls, the 20 seats recorded an average of 48.09 per cent voting.
Before this, the highest voter turnout in Rajasthan was recorded in 1989 (58.79 per cent), the report said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today