Raj records 63.63 voter turnout in first phase
Jaipur: The first phase of Lok Sabha polls in 20 of the 25 constituencies of Rajasthan yesterday recorded an average voter turnout of 63.63 per cent, 15 per cent higher than the general elections in 2009.
Of the over 3.48 crore voters, over 2.21 crore people including 1.03 crore women exercised their franchise to elect 20 MPs out of the 239 contestants in the fray, a final report of the CEO stated today.
A total of 189 blind people used braille signeage while 5,634 others cast their vote with companions. There were 525 tendered ballot papers, it said.
The highest voting percentage was recorded in Ganganangar (SC) constituency at 72.85 per cent, while the lowest was recorded in Pali at 57.47 per cent.
Barmer recorded 72.43 per cent, Banswara (ST) 68.82, Jhalawar-Barana 68.66, Ajmer 68.55, Jaipur 66.08, Kota 65.96, Churu 64.48, Chittorgarh 64.30, Udaipur (ST) 63.36, Bhilwara 62.84, Jodhpur 62.22, Sikar 60.23, Jhunjhunu 60.00, Jalore 59.63, Nagaur 59.58, Jaipur-rural 59.47, Bikaner 58.35 and Rajsamand 57.59.
In the last 2009 LS polls, the 20 seats recorded an average of 48.09 per cent voting.
Before this, the highest voter turnout in Rajasthan was recorded in 1989 (58.79 per cent), the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today