Raj Thackeray praises Narendra Modi, mocks Rahul Gandhi
Nashik: MNS president Raj Thackeray on Saturday said members of his party if elected in upcoming Lok Sabha polls will stand behind Narendra Modi in his prime ministerial bid, even as he ridiculed Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for lacking "conviction".
Addressing a party rally at Ghoti village near here, Raj praised Modi for bringing a "turnaround" in Gujarat.
Raj said he was highly impressed by "development" in Gujarat and narrated an example of a farmer from Kutch which he had visited in 2010.
"The farmer had put up various fruits on table. When I asked him from where did you bring these many fruits as the area is arid, he said its because of irrigation in the region. I came to know later that Modi diverted Narmada water to the region," Raj said.
He said a network of solar panels was installed by the Modi government in Kutch to generate electricity.
Raj also mocked Rahul Gandhi over his interview to a news channel recently.
"Have you seen his (Rahul`s) television interview? We all have seen how he talks. You tell me how our country will develop if Rahul is at the helm," he said.
Raj criticised NCP leader and deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar for the latter`s "urinating in dam" remarks that had caused a furore.
Raj said the Congress-NCP government has done nothing despite being in power for long.
"In tribal dominated Harsul village in the district, I observed there was pitch dark due to load-shedding but lights were on in a Gujarat village bordering Harsul," Raj said.
Raking up the issue of north Indian migrants, Raj attacked Samajwadi Party (SP) state unit president Abu Asim Azmi.
"Azmi gets elected from two?constituencies in Mumbai. How is it possible?...Azmi has created his own vote bank...Tell me any Marathi leader gets elected from two constituencies," the MNS chief said.
He said there were 94 cases against him in the state as well as outside for speaking up "truth". "In Maharashtra, cases are filed for speaking truth," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'