Raja Murad campaigns for Congress in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Bollywood actor Raja Murad campaigned for the Congress candidates in Arunachal Pradesh.
Murad campaigned for the Congress candidates in West Siang district and also in the state capital yesterday.
Both Lok Sabha elections and state assembly polls would be held simultaneously in Arunachal Pradesh on April 9.
With his campaign trips to Monigong and Tato cancelled due to bad weather, Murad expressed regret that he could not quench his thirst of relishing the beauty of Arunachal Pradesh further, party sources said here today.
"This land of yours is a paradise on earth. I am overwhelmed and I am confused whether to say the hills are more beautiful or the people. Please don?t destroy it by letting the government into wrong hands," said Murad, who was on his first visit to the state.
Showering praises on Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, Murad lauded the people for having Tuki at the helm of affairs and appealed not to let him down from the position ever.
Murad said he would visit the state again soon and join the victory celebration of the Congress and coronation of Tuki as the chief minister.
Later in the day, Tuki, along with party?s Lok Sabha candidate from Western Parliamentary constituency Takam Sanjoy and Murad joined road-side rallies being held in the state capital, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation