Raja Murad campaigns for Congress in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Bollywood actor Raja Murad campaigned for the Congress candidates in Arunachal Pradesh.
Murad campaigned for the Congress candidates in West Siang district and also in the state capital yesterday.
Both Lok Sabha elections and state assembly polls would be held simultaneously in Arunachal Pradesh on April 9.
With his campaign trips to Monigong and Tato cancelled due to bad weather, Murad expressed regret that he could not quench his thirst of relishing the beauty of Arunachal Pradesh further, party sources said here today.
"This land of yours is a paradise on earth. I am overwhelmed and I am confused whether to say the hills are more beautiful or the people. Please don?t destroy it by letting the government into wrong hands," said Murad, who was on his first visit to the state.
Showering praises on Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, Murad lauded the people for having Tuki at the helm of affairs and appealed not to let him down from the position ever.
Murad said he would visit the state again soon and join the victory celebration of the Congress and coronation of Tuki as the chief minister.
Later in the day, Tuki, along with party?s Lok Sabha candidate from Western Parliamentary constituency Takam Sanjoy and Murad joined road-side rallies being held in the state capital, sources added.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016
- Facing protest over lowering of EPF interest rate, Labour Minister to meet Arun Jaitley