Raja Murad campaigns for Congress in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Bollywood actor Raja Murad campaigned for the Congress candidates in Arunachal Pradesh.
Murad campaigned for the Congress candidates in West Siang district and also in the state capital yesterday.
Both Lok Sabha elections and state assembly polls would be held simultaneously in Arunachal Pradesh on April 9.
With his campaign trips to Monigong and Tato cancelled due to bad weather, Murad expressed regret that he could not quench his thirst of relishing the beauty of Arunachal Pradesh further, party sources said here today.
"This land of yours is a paradise on earth. I am overwhelmed and I am confused whether to say the hills are more beautiful or the people. Please don?t destroy it by letting the government into wrong hands," said Murad, who was on his first visit to the state.
Showering praises on Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, Murad lauded the people for having Tuki at the helm of affairs and appealed not to let him down from the position ever.
Murad said he would visit the state again soon and join the victory celebration of the Congress and coronation of Tuki as the chief minister.
Later in the day, Tuki, along with party?s Lok Sabha candidate from Western Parliamentary constituency Takam Sanjoy and Murad joined road-side rallies being held in the state capital, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29