Rajasthan records 1.21 percent NOTA votes
Jaipur: A total of 1.21 percent of electors who cast their votes in the 25 parliamentary constituencies in Rajasthan preferred NOTA (None of The Above) option in the just-finished Lok Sabha polls.
Of the 2.7 crore votes polled in the state, 3,27,902 were for NOTA.
Banswara registered the highest NOTA votes at 2.94 per cent, followed by Udaipur at 2.24 per cent.
Both the seats are in the tribal region of south Rajasthan and reserved for ST candidates.
BJP`s Manshankar Ninama won the Banswara seat securing 49.41 per cent votes.
His nearest rival Resham Malvia, wife of Congress MLA and former minister Mahendra Jeet Singh, got 41.54 per cent of the total polled votes.
In Udaipur, BJP`s Arjun Lal Meena defeated sitting Congress MP Raghuveer Singh securing 55.53 per cent of the total votes.
Bhilwara, Rajsamand, Chittorgarh, Jhalawar-Baran and Pali registered 1.79 pc, 1.76 pc, 1.71 pc, 1.66 pc and 1.62 pc NOTA votes.
Alwar recorded the lowest (0.24 pc) NOTA votes.
Sitting Congress MP and Union MoS for defence from here, Bhanwar Jitendra Singh lost to BJP`s Chandnath by a margin of 2.83 lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!