Ram temple is BJP issue, not NDA`s: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday said the construction of a Ram temple at Ayodhya was a BJP agenda and not that of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
"Ram temple is a BJP issue, it not an issue of the NDA," Paswan, whose party allied with the BJP in February to contest the Lok Sabha election in Bihar, told the media here.
Paswan said any party was free to place its agenda in its manifesto. "But the NDA agenda is different."
He said the Ram temple dispute should be resolved with due respect to the Indian Constitution.
The Lok Janshakti Party is contesting seven of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state