Ram temple is BJP issue, not NDA`s: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday said the construction of a Ram temple at Ayodhya was a BJP agenda and not that of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
"Ram temple is a BJP issue, it not an issue of the NDA," Paswan, whose party allied with the BJP in February to contest the Lok Sabha election in Bihar, told the media here.
Paswan said any party was free to place its agenda in its manifesto. "But the NDA agenda is different."
He said the Ram temple dispute should be resolved with due respect to the Indian Constitution.
The Lok Janshakti Party is contesting seven of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16