Ram Vilas Paswan worse than a prostitute: Pappu Yadav
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Patna: At a time when the politicians have crossed all limits while making scathing personal attacks on their opponents, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Pappu Yadav has made a highly objectionable remark on Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan by saying that even prostitutes are better than him.
Commenting on Paswan`s decision to join the BJP-led NDA alliance, the former RJD MP said that even a prostitute does something better than such a politician, but he (Paswan) is even worst than them.
Yadav reportedly made the derogatory remark while campaigning for Congress candidate Sanjeev Prasad Tony in Hazipur constituency.
Lalu Prasad Yadav-led RJD is contesting the General Elections in alliance with the Congress.
RJD has fielded Pappu from Madhepura constituency against Janata Dal-United president Sharad Yadav.
Last year, citing lack of evidence, the Patna High Court acquitted Pappu Yadav, 53, in a case related to the killing of Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Ajit Sarkar in May 1998. Pappu remained in jail for 12 years. Pappu Yadav won the Lok Sabha polls from Purnia thrice - in 1991, 1996 and 1999 - and once from Madhepura (2004).
Madhepura`s significance also lies in the fact that the winner will send across a strong political message - either that the Yadavs support the social justice that Lalu Prasad champions and propagates, or the `development` plank which Sharad Yadav and Nitish Kumar are promoting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof