Ramdev left fuming as Hoshiarpur administration disallows press conference
Hoshiarpur: The district administration on Thursday disallowed Ramdev to hold a press conference at Zila Parishad complex here on the ground that the premises belonged to Punjab government, leaving the yoga guru fuming.
The district administration granted him permission to hold yoga camp but strictly warned its local organisers not to use the place for election campaign of BJP-SAD candidate Vijay Sampla.
Deputy Commissioner-cum-District Election Officer Tanu Kashyap said the press club -- venue of the media meet -- was located in the Zila Parishad complex, whose premises belonged to the state government.
Meanwhile, a fuming Ramdev condemned the district administration for disallowing him to hold the press conference and said the freedom of free speech and writing, granted by the Constitution, was being snatched.
"Right of expressing views should not be disallowed," he told reporters.
Ramdev slammed the Congress and exuded confidence that BJP led by Narendra Modi would win more than 300 seats in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday