Ramdev left fuming as Hoshiarpur administration disallows press conference
Hoshiarpur: The district administration on Thursday disallowed Ramdev to hold a press conference at Zila Parishad complex here on the ground that the premises belonged to Punjab government, leaving the yoga guru fuming.
The district administration granted him permission to hold yoga camp but strictly warned its local organisers not to use the place for election campaign of BJP-SAD candidate Vijay Sampla.
Deputy Commissioner-cum-District Election Officer Tanu Kashyap said the press club -- venue of the media meet -- was located in the Zila Parishad complex, whose premises belonged to the state government.
Meanwhile, a fuming Ramdev condemned the district administration for disallowing him to hold the press conference and said the freedom of free speech and writing, granted by the Constitution, was being snatched.
"Right of expressing views should not be disallowed," he told reporters.
Ramdev slammed the Congress and exuded confidence that BJP led by Narendra Modi would win more than 300 seats in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Novak Djokovic beats scare, Rafael Nadal eases at revamped US Open
- Colombia ceasefire ends half-century war with FARC
- Embarrassment for Congress as Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife criticises Amarinder Singh
- Why cholera is more deadly for people with type O blood
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2