Re-poll recommended at 25 polling stations in Bihar
Patna: Election officials on Saturday recommended re-poll at 25 polling stations in Patliputra and Munger Lok Sabha constituency which had gone to polls on April 17.
Of the 25 polling stations, 13 are in Patliputra and 12 are in Munger constituency, official sources said.
The Election Commission (EC) will inform about the re-poll date later. There will be no re-poll where people voluntarily boycotted voting, they added.
"Among the polling stations where re-poll will be held, four are the ones located in Jamalpur where we could not send our polling personnel due to security reasons.
"Scuffle was reported at four polling stations, while EVM was broken at one. The rest are such where replacement of faulty EVMs took much time and hampered voting," Additional Chief Electoral Officer R Lakshmanan told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder