Re-polling ordered in nine Odisha booths on April 25
Cuttack: Repolling will be held in nine booths spread over three Parliamentary constituencies in Odisha Friday.
Besides, six booths of Niali Assembly segment under Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha seat, repolling would also be held in two other booths of Keonjhar and one booth in Kendrapara Lok Sabha seat.
Polling in these booths were held on April 17. But following allegations of massive rigging and other irregularities like EVM damages, the Election Commission had ordered repolling in these nine booths.
Congress and BJP nominees had alleged that ruling BJD workers had vandalised the booths damaging the EVMs after an attempt to rig the polls.
Meanwhile, the Cuttack district administrations along with the district rural police have made elaborate arrangements to conduct the repolling in Niali without any further hiccups.
While all booths would be covered by web-cameras, arrangements have been made to video-record all developments outside the booths.
Micro-observers have been appointed for each booth in Niali, said the Returning Officer of the segment and Cuttack ADM Laxmidhar Mohanty.
"Each booth in Niali would be under the supervision of a DSP assisted by an Inspector. Besides, there would be forces in place to meet any eventuality," Cuttack (Rural) SP, Gurudas Kundu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre