Re-polling ordered in nine Odisha booths on April 25
Cuttack: Repolling will be held in nine booths spread over three Parliamentary constituencies in Odisha Friday.
Besides, six booths of Niali Assembly segment under Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha seat, repolling would also be held in two other booths of Keonjhar and one booth in Kendrapara Lok Sabha seat.
Polling in these booths were held on April 17. But following allegations of massive rigging and other irregularities like EVM damages, the Election Commission had ordered repolling in these nine booths.
Congress and BJP nominees had alleged that ruling BJD workers had vandalised the booths damaging the EVMs after an attempt to rig the polls.
Meanwhile, the Cuttack district administrations along with the district rural police have made elaborate arrangements to conduct the repolling in Niali without any further hiccups.
While all booths would be covered by web-cameras, arrangements have been made to video-record all developments outside the booths.
Micro-observers have been appointed for each booth in Niali, said the Returning Officer of the segment and Cuttack ADM Laxmidhar Mohanty.
"Each booth in Niali would be under the supervision of a DSP assisted by an Inspector. Besides, there would be forces in place to meet any eventuality," Cuttack (Rural) SP, Gurudas Kundu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?
- Woman files FIR against Delhi MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for misbehaviour; AAP leader rejects charge
- Jacqueline Fernandez is a mini mouse in disguise; see who gave her company!
- Army jawans rescue girl climber trapped in a Uttarkashi glacier - Watch daring video
- What Brexit could mean for India and its markets