Relief for Beni Prasad Verma in poll code violation case
Balrampur: In a relief to Senior Congress leader Beni Prasad Verma, a local court has rejected the application moved by the district police seeking action against him in a case related to his alleged "objectionable" remark on Narendra Modi.
Judicial Magistrate of Utraula, Rakesh Singh yesterday rejected the application moved by police on the ground that wrong sections were invoked in the case.
An FIR was registered against Beni at Sahdullah Nagar police station on April 7 for calling Modi the biggest "gunda" (goon) of RSS.
The case was lodged by incharge of the flying squad Radhey Shyam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!