Repoll: 36.55 pc turnout at four booths in Porbandar seat
Porbandar: Over 36 per cent voter turnout was recorded till 1 am at four booths in Porbandar Lok Sabha constituency in Gujarat where repolling is underway.
The Election Commission had cancelled the April 30 poll on complaints by political workers of booth capturing and other irregularities.
According to district collector-cum-returning officer MA Gandhi, the polling percentage at Delodar, Mitrala, Erda and Mahira villages was recorded at around 27 per cent till 11 AM as voters came out in large numbers to exercise their right to franchise.
"The polling percentage has reached up to 36.55 per cent till 1 PM," Gandhi said, adding that no incident of violence is reported yet.
Gandhi had said some irregularities surfaced during scrutiny (of polling) at the four poll booths which falls under Kutiyana Assembly segment under Porbandar Lok Sabha constituency.
The Election Commission had cancelled the polls held at four booths under section 58 (a)(2) and 58 (2) of the People`s Representation Act.
BJP strongman Vitthal Radadiya and `Godmother` Santokben Jadeja`s son and NCP candidate Kandhal Jadeja are locked in a fierce contest for the seat.
Among all 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat where polling was held on April 30, Porbandar recorded the lowest turnout at 53 per cent against 63.31 per cent turnout in the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why