Repoll at five polling stations of Vaishali LS seat tomorrow
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) today announced re-polling in five polling stations of Vaishali Lok Sabha constituency will be held tomorrow from 7 am to 6 pm.
EC officials said four of the five polling stations are in the Kanti Assembly segment of the Vaishali Lok Sabha seat, while one is under Baruraj Assembly segment.
Meanwhile, the officials are giving final touches to the preparations for counting of votes in the state on May 16. Counting will be held at 40 counting centres spread over 35 locations. Altogether 61,753 Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) will be unsealed at these places to decide the winners of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
The election officials have chalked out a three-layered security arrangement for the counting centres. State forces will be deployed at the outer layers while Central Paramilitary Forces (CPMF) will be positioned at the innermost layer. 1,850 CPMF personnel have been deployed at the 40 centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble