Repoll at five polling stations of Vaishali LS seat tomorrow
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) today announced re-polling in five polling stations of Vaishali Lok Sabha constituency will be held tomorrow from 7 am to 6 pm.
EC officials said four of the five polling stations are in the Kanti Assembly segment of the Vaishali Lok Sabha seat, while one is under Baruraj Assembly segment.
Meanwhile, the officials are giving final touches to the preparations for counting of votes in the state on May 16. Counting will be held at 40 counting centres spread over 35 locations. Altogether 61,753 Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) will be unsealed at these places to decide the winners of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
The election officials have chalked out a three-layered security arrangement for the counting centres. State forces will be deployed at the outer layers while Central Paramilitary Forces (CPMF) will be positioned at the innermost layer. 1,850 CPMF personnel have been deployed at the 40 centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read