Repoll at five polling stations of Vaishali LS seat tomorrow
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) today announced re-polling in five polling stations of Vaishali Lok Sabha constituency will be held tomorrow from 7 am to 6 pm.
EC officials said four of the five polling stations are in the Kanti Assembly segment of the Vaishali Lok Sabha seat, while one is under Baruraj Assembly segment.
Meanwhile, the officials are giving final touches to the preparations for counting of votes in the state on May 16. Counting will be held at 40 counting centres spread over 35 locations. Altogether 61,753 Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) will be unsealed at these places to decide the winners of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
The election officials have chalked out a three-layered security arrangement for the counting centres. State forces will be deployed at the outer layers while Central Paramilitary Forces (CPMF) will be positioned at the innermost layer. 1,850 CPMF personnel have been deployed at the 40 centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why