Repoll at five polling stations of Vaishali LS seat tomorrow
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) today announced re-polling in five polling stations of Vaishali Lok Sabha constituency will be held tomorrow from 7 am to 6 pm.
EC officials said four of the five polling stations are in the Kanti Assembly segment of the Vaishali Lok Sabha seat, while one is under Baruraj Assembly segment.
Meanwhile, the officials are giving final touches to the preparations for counting of votes in the state on May 16. Counting will be held at 40 counting centres spread over 35 locations. Altogether 61,753 Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) will be unsealed at these places to decide the winners of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
The election officials have chalked out a three-layered security arrangement for the counting centres. State forces will be deployed at the outer layers while Central Paramilitary Forces (CPMF) will be positioned at the innermost layer. 1,850 CPMF personnel have been deployed at the 40 centres.
- Enclave-dwellers to vote for first time since Independence
- Pathankot IAF base remains highly unsafe, Centre to be blamed: Parliamentary panel
- Justice for Jisha: Will India unite for Kerala's Nirbhaya?
- Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wished 'Happy Birthday' by THESE Bollywood hotties!
- Three new species of mouse lemurs discovered in Madagascar