Repoll in three polling stations of Assam`s Karimganj tomorrow
Guwahati: Election Commission has ordered repolling in three polling stations under Assam`s Karimganj parliamentary constituency tomorrow following reports of alleged electoral malpractices by poll officials.
Repolling has been ordered in Kaparibond LP School (West) under Patharkandi assembly segment of Karimganj district along with two polling stations -- Matijuri Girls LP School and Haricharan Mahamaya Girls` High School in Hailkandi district, an EC release said today.
BJP had in a complaint to the EC alleged that officials of the polling station had indulged in malpractice during polling on April 12 and had demanded a repoll.
Polling will begin from 7 a m and end at 5 p m.
All arrangements have been made for repolling and tight security would be imposed in and around the polling stations to prevent any untoward incidents, Karimganj Returning Officer Sanjiv Gohain Boruah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah