Repolling at four booths in Porbandar LS seat tomorrow
Gandhinagar: The Election Commission on Friday ordered repolling at four booths in Porbandar Lok Sabha constituency in Gujarat on May 3 following complaints of booth-capturing and irregularities during elections held on April 30.
"The Election Commission of India has cancelled the polls held at the four booths of Kutiyana Assembly seats under Porbandar Lok Sabha constituency under section 58(a)(2) and 58(2) of the People`s Representative Act," said Additional Chief Electoral Officer A H Manek.
The polls at Delodar, Mitrala, Erda and Mahira villages stand cancelled as per the EC directive, he said, adding the repolling will be held from 7 AM to 6 PM tomorrow.
Porbandar Returning Officer M A Gandhi said re-polling was necessitated following complaints of booth-capturing and other irregularities, by political workers.
"We have got the complaints of booth capturing from some political parties, which have been considered by the presiding officer who represented the issue before Election Commission," Gandhi said.
He said some irregularities surfaced during scrutiny (of polling) at these four poll booths.
"We had sent the evidence and video footage of the concern polling booths and the election commission has acted upon that," Gandhi said.
BJP strongman Vitthal Radadiya and `Godmother` Santok ben Jadeja`s son and NCP candidate Kandhal Jadeja are locked in a fierce contest for the seat.
The state chief electoral officer Anita Karwal had on April 30 said there was no incident of violence and polling was conducted peacefully.
Porbandar had recorded the lowest turnout at 53 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister