Repolling at four booths in Porbandar LS seat tomorrow
Gandhinagar: The Election Commission on Friday ordered repolling at four booths in Porbandar Lok Sabha constituency in Gujarat on May 3 following complaints of booth-capturing and irregularities during elections held on April 30.
"The Election Commission of India has cancelled the polls held at the four booths of Kutiyana Assembly seats under Porbandar Lok Sabha constituency under section 58(a)(2) and 58(2) of the People`s Representative Act," said Additional Chief Electoral Officer A H Manek.
The polls at Delodar, Mitrala, Erda and Mahira villages stand cancelled as per the EC directive, he said, adding the repolling will be held from 7 AM to 6 PM tomorrow.
Porbandar Returning Officer M A Gandhi said re-polling was necessitated following complaints of booth-capturing and other irregularities, by political workers.
"We have got the complaints of booth capturing from some political parties, which have been considered by the presiding officer who represented the issue before Election Commission," Gandhi said.
He said some irregularities surfaced during scrutiny (of polling) at these four poll booths.
"We had sent the evidence and video footage of the concern polling booths and the election commission has acted upon that," Gandhi said.
BJP strongman Vitthal Radadiya and `Godmother` Santok ben Jadeja`s son and NCP candidate Kandhal Jadeja are locked in a fierce contest for the seat.
The state chief electoral officer Anita Karwal had on April 30 said there was no incident of violence and polling was conducted peacefully.
Porbandar had recorded the lowest turnout at 53 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''