Repolling at four booths in three LS seats of Maharashtra held
Mumbai: As many as 1,232 voters out of a total of 2,517 cast their votes on Sunday in the re-poll at three booths in two Lok Sabha constituencies in Mumbai.
The re-polling was ordered by Election Commission due to technical reasons.
Suburban District Collector Shekhar Channe said a voter turnout of 48.94 per cent was registered at two booths in Mumbai North and one in Mumbai North Central Lok Sabha constituencies.
"Out of the 1,232 who voted again, 668 were men and 564 women. In Malad booth number 242, 351 people voted which included 200 men and 151 women, with the turnout of 35.41 per cent. In 161-Charkop, 622 people voted (58.51 per cent) out of which 305 were men and 317 women," the officer said.
In Mumbai North Central Lok Sabha seat, repolling was held in booth 160 in Chandivali where 259 people, including 163 men and 96 women, voted.
Channe said the voter turnout was 55.93 per cent in Chandivali. Polling in all six Parliamentary constituencies was held in Mumbai on April 24 along with remaining 19 Lok Sabha seats across Maharashtra in the final phase.
Meanwhile, in Ahmednagar Lok Sabha seat, repolling was held in Hiradgao polling booth of Srigonda Assembly segment.
736 voters out of the total 1154 voted there, including 411 men and 325 women.
The polling in Ahmedngar was held on April 17.
The Election Commission had ordered re-poll at four booths spread across three Lok Sabha constituencies citing non-clearance of votes cast during mock polls, as it had a bearing on the actual numbers reflected in the EVMs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof