Repolling underway in Nagaland
Kohima: Repolling in two polling stations and polling in one booth was being held on Saturday in Longleng and Zunheboto districts of Nagaland on Saturday.
Polling was being conducted at Ladaigarh Polling Station No 1(one) in Longleng district as people could not cast their votes due to "forcible occupation" of the polling station at Ladaigarh Government LP School allegedly by Assam police on April 9.
Polling was arranged at Piching Nullah area in the village for the day, Returning Officer Temjen Toy said.
Senior civil and police officials are camping in the area to oversee the conduct of the poll.
Adequate security has also been arranged in case of any eventuality, election office sources said.
Moderate repolling has been reported from Akhakhu PS No 2 and Naltoqa PS No 25 in Zunheboto district.
Election Commission had ordered repoll in the two polling stations on May 8 following findings of the scrutiny committee that Akhakhu had cast 44 extra votes, while in Naltoqa, votes of 11 local people, who were on poll duty outside, were fradulently cast by imposters, the sources said.
Three candidates, including ruling Naga People`s Front nominee Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, are battling for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NEET: What does signing of ordinance really mean for medical aspirants - Know here in 3 points
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Five things you must know about schizophrenia!
- Govt announces 13 winners of Fast track Smart City competition; Lucknow tops list
- CBSE result 2016 Class 10 to be declared on May 27. Check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in