Returning officers to give certificates to winning candidates
Bhopal: Lok Sabha Joint Secretary AK Singh has asked Madhya Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer to direct the returning officers to present certificates to winning candidates after poll counting and inform them about facilities and arrangements made for them in New Delhi.
In the letter, the joint secretary yesterday asked state CEO Jaideep Govind to direct returning officers to present certificates to winning candidates after counting on May 16, official sources said.
Returning officers have been directed to send details- address, landline/mobile number, e-mail address and fax numbers of elected parliamentarians to the Joint Secretary`s office.
For the first time, Lok Sabha has printed election certificate on glazed paper in an attractive style and these certificates have been sent directly to returning officers.
Earlier, election certificates used to be printed locally by returning officers.
Soon after declaration of election results, returning officers will also hand over the winning candidate a greeting message from Lok Sabha general secretary P Shridharan.
The message will contain details of arrangements made in New Delhi for new Lok Sabha members.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living