`Revenge` remark: Amit Shah approaches Allahabad HC, seeks stay on arrest
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah approached the Allahabad High Court on Wednesday seeking stay on his arrest in the wake of FIRs being lodged against him in connection with the `revenge` remark.
The next hearing in the case is expected to take place on Thursday.
A notice was issued by the Election Commission which took cognizance of the alleged hate speech made by Amit Shah where he had asked the voters in Muzaffarnagar to take revenge from those who had insulted them during the communal riots.
The Commission issued notice after examining the CDs of Shah`s hate speech and the report sent to it by state election officials for violating the model code of conduct.
Shah had courted controversy by appealing to voters in Muzaffarnagar to take revenge for the communal riots.
Shah was booked under Section 153 of the IPC (inciting people) and Section 125 of the Representation of the People Act (promoting enmity between different classes).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31