`Revenge` remark: Amit Shah approaches Allahabad HC, seeks stay on arrest
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah approached the Allahabad High Court on Wednesday seeking stay on his arrest in the wake of FIRs being lodged against him in connection with the `revenge` remark.
The next hearing in the case is expected to take place on Thursday.
A notice was issued by the Election Commission which took cognizance of the alleged hate speech made by Amit Shah where he had asked the voters in Muzaffarnagar to take revenge from those who had insulted them during the communal riots.
The Commission issued notice after examining the CDs of Shah`s hate speech and the report sent to it by state election officials for violating the model code of conduct.
Shah had courted controversy by appealing to voters in Muzaffarnagar to take revenge for the communal riots.
Shah was booked under Section 153 of the IPC (inciting people) and Section 125 of the Representation of the People Act (promoting enmity between different classes).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar