RJD leader Pappu Yadav gets anticipatory bail from Patna HC
Patna: The Patna High Court today granted anticipatory bail to RJD candidate from Madhepura Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav in a case related to hindering officials in discharge of duty while lodged in Beur jail here last year.
Justice Gopal Prasad provided anticipatory bail to Pappu Yadav in the case registered with Beur jail police station on February 18, 2013.
He was booked for hindering officials from discharge of duty inside the jail during scuffle between two groups on some issue.
He was lodged in the jail at that time in connection with murder case of CPI-M Legislator Ajit Sarkar. He is out of jail after getting bail from the Supreme Court in the case.
Pappu Yadav has been fielded by Lalu Prasad`s RJD from Madhepura in the ensuing Lok Sabha election to take on JD(U) President Sharad Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video