RJD leader Pappu Yadav gets anticipatory bail from Patna HC
Patna: The Patna High Court today granted anticipatory bail to RJD candidate from Madhepura Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav in a case related to hindering officials in discharge of duty while lodged in Beur jail here last year.
Justice Gopal Prasad provided anticipatory bail to Pappu Yadav in the case registered with Beur jail police station on February 18, 2013.
He was booked for hindering officials from discharge of duty inside the jail during scuffle between two groups on some issue.
He was lodged in the jail at that time in connection with murder case of CPI-M Legislator Ajit Sarkar. He is out of jail after getting bail from the Supreme Court in the case.
Pappu Yadav has been fielded by Lalu Prasad`s RJD from Madhepura in the ensuing Lok Sabha election to take on JD(U) President Sharad Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources