Role of regional parties in Jharkhand would be of bargaining: Nitin Gadkari
Ranchi: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Friday alleged that the role of regional parties in Jharkhand would be of bargaining and voting for them was like supporting "corruption and price rise" witnessed during the UPA regime at the Centre.
"Regional parties in Jharkhand have nothing to do... They only know bargaining and nothing else," he said, claiming it was a direct fight between the BJP-led NDA and the Congress-led UPA in the ensuing elections.
Gadkari, however, quickly amended his statement when reminded about BJP`s formation of governments with regional parties in Jharkhand and having truck with other regional parties elsewhere in the country, and said his comments were in the context of crucial issues like good governance and development at the Centre.
"I am not here to comment on regional parties. What I meant is, it is a direct fight between the NDA and the UPA... the BJP and the Congress. So voting for Congress is like supporting corruption and price rise," Gadkari said at a press conference here.
"The BJP`s priority is good governance, all round development without any discrimination and it will never indulge in vindictive politics," he said, adding there would not be any discrimination on the lines of religion, caste and language as the party was above them.
"It is the Congress which kept Muslims under-developed during the last 60 years by instilling a fear psychosis in them, while we are talking about uplifting them and providing higher education and employment opportunities," he said.
Gadkari, who was in Jharkhand to address poll meetings ahead of the April 24 third and final phase elections in the state for four seats, also accused the Congress of emptying foreign exchange coffers, increasing Left-Wing Extremism and terror attacks in cities.
BJP`s endeavour was good governance, bringing administrative reforms to improve accountability, controlling price in six months and aiming to reach eight per cent growth rate if the party came to power, he said.
"I have completed a 650-page vision document. After elections, the party will discuss on it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya
- JNU rape case: Accused Anmol Ratan to be produced before court today