Rs 15 lakh cash seized in Jharkhand ahead of polls
Ranchi: Police Sunday seized Rs.15 lakh in cash in Jharkhand`s Dhanbad district ahead of Thursday`s Lok Sabha polls.
The cash was seized from a man travelling in a bus from Giridih to Dhanbad, near Barwadda area of Dhanbad district, around 240 km from Ranchi.
Police have launched search operations ahead of April 24 balloting for the Dhanbad Lok Sabha seat.
More than Rs.2 crore has been seized from various parts of the state during the election. Jharkhand has three-phased polling scheduled for its 14 seats. It has already voted April 10 and 17 for four and six seats, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note