Rs 15 lakh cash seized in Jharkhand ahead of polls
Ranchi: Police Sunday seized Rs.15 lakh in cash in Jharkhand`s Dhanbad district ahead of Thursday`s Lok Sabha polls.
The cash was seized from a man travelling in a bus from Giridih to Dhanbad, near Barwadda area of Dhanbad district, around 240 km from Ranchi.
Police have launched search operations ahead of April 24 balloting for the Dhanbad Lok Sabha seat.
More than Rs.2 crore has been seized from various parts of the state during the election. Jharkhand has three-phased polling scheduled for its 14 seats. It has already voted April 10 and 17 for four and six seats, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown