Rs 1.75 lakh seized from Gujarat minister Solanki`s chopper
Rajkot: District Election Commission officials Tuesday seized Rs 1.75 lakh from the helicopter of Gujarat Minister Parshottam Solanki.
Solanki, who is fisheries minister in the Narendra Modi government arrived at Jasdan today to campaign for BJP candidate for the Rajkot Lok Sabha seat, Mohan Kundariya.
Two Election Commission officials were present when Solanki`s chopper landed near Vinchhiya road and Rs 1.75 was seized from the chopper, after a search.
"We have seized the amount and informed state election commission officials," a senior district official said.
According to the Election Commission, political leaders are not allowed to carry amounting to more than Rs one lakh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference