Rs 1.75 lakh seized from Gujarat minister Solanki`s chopper
Rajkot: District Election Commission officials Tuesday seized Rs 1.75 lakh from the helicopter of Gujarat Minister Parshottam Solanki.
Solanki, who is fisheries minister in the Narendra Modi government arrived at Jasdan today to campaign for BJP candidate for the Rajkot Lok Sabha seat, Mohan Kundariya.
Two Election Commission officials were present when Solanki`s chopper landed near Vinchhiya road and Rs 1.75 was seized from the chopper, after a search.
"We have seized the amount and informed state election commission officials," a senior district official said.
According to the Election Commission, political leaders are not allowed to carry amounting to more than Rs one lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing